Why I Get Out of Bed on a School Day

Day 11 of the @TeachThought 30 Day Blogging Challenge: "What is your favorite part of the school day and why?"

A group of former students having a great time learning
There are so many moving parts to a school day.  How do I narrow down a favorite part?  For me I don't know that it is a particular "part" of the day because when I think of "parts" of the school day I think of first bell, passing periods, advisory, etc.  None of these are what get me out of bed in the morning.  What gets me out of bed in the morning is the promise of "a-ha" moments, happy students and teachers, active learning, creative  problem solving, unexpected conversations with colleagues.  It is all of these points of contact that I look forward to.   We are in the business of fostering relationships.  Real  learning doesn't happen in a vacuum, it requires give-and-take.  It is only through conversations, the challenging and testing of ideas, and the willingness to be pushed by others that we grow.  This is what I want for our students everyday.  It is the promise of encountering these moments during the day that I love the most.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures vs. Words

Good (Digital) Citizenship

Why Design Thinking is a No-Brainer in Catholic Schools